Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"... if only in my dreams!"


I had to post this precious blessing sent to us by our Marine far from home!
It was read by younger brother to the group as we (24 of us that could be together) sat down to Christmas dinner.  Maybe later today we will somehow skype or facetime or something technological to actually see her smiling face.

This morning, she made our Christmas so special thanks to Amazon and the ability to purchase things from the internet.  HOLY COW!  I can't wait to put the video together from the day and send it to her.

Here is her Christmas blessing:

My Dearest Family,
I wish with all my heart that I could be together with y’all this special day. The temperature is mild and the dust is blowing but our hearts out here are cheerful and thankful for mail from home and the reminders of how much we are missed. I hope everything goes smoothly and I know the dinner was to die for! The Christmas lights sent to me ...are brightening up the mirror in the bathroom [and] around the window in my room next to [your] Christmas card. Y’all are amazing and I miss you. Oh! And my TV is wearing my pink camouflage Santa hat while it babbles Christmas movies ... with English subtitles.. It’s muted though.. I opted to listen to KennyG.. much more relaxing :] The Embassy staff has done quite a fantastic job with making the compound as Christmassy as possible. Christmas lights and giant light up snowflakes twinkle around the Chancery and the Ambassador’s quarters. We handed out toys to [local] orphans on the 22nd after completing our toys for tots drive, as well as sent warm clothes to refugees at [a neighboring country] border. Quite an experience, it seems not many people here have seen a female Marine before! I will most likely be getting ready for work while this is being read, but I want each and every one of you to know you are constantly in my prayers and I love y’all very much. I think what I will miss most is the singing. Such beautiful songs and voices! As well as hugs and smiles and telling Pop Pop how “S’GOOD” my meal was!! It makes my heart happy to know you will all be together this Christmas Day. I love my wonderfully, huge, loving family so very VERY much and I thank you all for the opportunity to share from my little home.... Have some egg nog for me!!! I miss that stuff :D

Love,
Your Marine

No comments:

Post a Comment